Capture emails from your Outlook or Hotmail Inbox
To have a copy of your incoming email stored into the appropriate contact record you will need to tell your Email Provider to "Forward a COPY of all incoming email to your
Please Note: To avoid setting up your email forwarding directly from Outlook with a "Rule" whenever possible. We encourage you to go directly to your email service provider as it is much easier to set up the forwarding to your BigContacts email dropbox. Forwarding email directly from the source (email provider) will ensure incoming emails are getting stored correctly.
While we do not encourage you to go through the long list of steps to create a rule with an Outlook we have listed the steps that Outlook provides.
- In Mail, in the Navigation Pane, on the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- If you have more than one e-mail account in your Outlook e-mail profile, in the Apply changes to this folder list, click the Inbox to which you want the rule to apply.
- Click New Rule.
- Click Start from a blank rule, and then click Next.
- Under Step 1: Select when messages should be checked, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
- Under Step 1: Select condition(s), select the check box next to each condition that you want the incoming message to match.
- Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click the underlined value that corresponds to the condition, and then select or type the necessary information.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 1: Select action(s), select the redirect it to people or distribution list check box.
- Under Step 2: Edit the rule description, click people or distribution list.
- In one of the address lists, double-click the name or distribution list to which you want to redirect the messages, and then click OK.
- Click Next twice.
- Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name. To run this rule on the messages that are already in your folders, select the Run this rule now on messages already in "folder" checkbox.
To apply this rule to all your e-mail accounts and Inboxes, select the Create this rule on all accounts check box.
- Click Finish.