Capture incoming Emails from your Gmail Inbox
BigContacts offers a powerful tool known as an "Email Dropbox" that allows you to automatically capture incoming emails and store them to the appropriate contact records. This great feature works with any email account. Below are the steps that you want to follow to set this up. This requires a one time setup for each user on your team and after this setup is completed this will work automatically for you in the background.
1) Locate your "email dropbox" address in BigContacts
Each user on your team will have their own unique "email dropbox" address. Below are the steps you can follow to get your unique email dropbox address.
- Click on the "Admin" Tab in your system
- Under the "Manage Users" section you will select the "Add/Edit users" link
- In here you will see a row with your name and a link labeled "Request Dropbox"
- When you click this link, it will create a unique email dropbox address just for you!
2) Setup forwarding of incoming emails FROM your Gmail Inbox TO your BigContacts "email dropbox"
Now that you have your email dropbox address you are now ready to set up the forwarding of incoming emails in your Gmail account. Please follow the steps below to complete the setup.
(From your Gmail account)
- Click on the gear-shaped icon the upper right-hand corner of the screen and click on "settings".
- In the links across the top of this section select "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
- Click on "Add a forwarding Address", carefully enter your BigContacts dropbox email address,and click on "Next"
- Click on "Proceed"
- Scroll down to the bottom and save your changes
You can follow the steps below to locate the confirmation code that Gmail has just sent to you.
(From your BigContacts account)
- Click on the "Admin" Tab
- Under the "Manage Users" section select the "add/edit users" link
- Click directly on the dropbox address listed to the right of the user's name and color.
- A screen will open that will show up to the last few emails that have been forwarded through your dropbox. It is here where you will see and can copy the Gmail confirmation code.
Please note that you only want to copy the number and do not include the "#".