Create a Custom Workflow
Tasks are essential to keeping track of the things you need to do on a day-to-day basis. In order to work faster and more effectively, we encourage you to pre-load all of the tasks that you regularly perform in the course of your day.
Note: You must have Administrative permissions to create a custom task.
- Select the "Admin" tab in the left navigation menu
- Locate the "Manage Modules" section in admin screen (second block from the right)
- Click on the "Task Module" link in this section
- You will see an orange button labeled "Add Task". Select this and create your new Task.
- In the "Add Task" screen, type in the name of your custom task into the "Task Name" field.
- To add additional steps to this task - Type the name of the first step into the "Name of Step Field" and use the drop-down menu labeled "Assign to" to select which team member should have this task on their task list.
- To add additional steps, click on the "+ sign for each additional step you would like
- Use the "Service Standard" field to enter an amount of days you would like this task to be completed by (minimum days to enter is "1"). You can then use the "Task Manager" report located in the Reports Tab to see how your team is doing at completing tasks on time.
Use the "Assign task steps" radio buttons to decide if you would like all of the steps to be "In sequence" (next step will not show up on the next team members task list until the previous team member has marked their step as complete OR "All at once" (All steps are applied to all users' task list so each team member can complete their step anytime)
- Click on the orange "Save Task" button to save this custom task