Adding an Image/Picture or Logo to your Email
With the BigContacts Email editor, you can add an image to your email. You will be adding a hosted (online) image versus a raw image file such as a .jpg, .gif, or .png
1. When you are in the Email text editor look for the "picture icon". This is located to the left of the "flash" icon (circle with an "f" in the middle)
2. When you click the "Picture" icon you will see a space to insert a URL. This is where you can paste an "Image Location"
NOTE: To ensure that your image can be viewed by most email programs you will not want to have any spaces in the file name/URL. Also, if you are hosting your images on dropbox.com, add ?dl=1 after the file extension. Example: dropbox.com/image-url.jpg?dl=1
- Google Chrome - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select "Copy Image URL"
- - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select "Copy Image Location"
- Safari or Opera - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select Copy Image Address
- - then select properties and this will open a window where you will copy and paste the "Address URL"
3. Once you have the Image Location on your clipboard you can paste it into the "URL" field back in the BigContacts Email screen
4. You can change the Width and Height of the image by changing the number in the "width" and "height" fields
5. You can remove an image border by placing a value of "0" (zero) into the "Border" field
6. When you are finished, click on the orange button