Social Media Integration
With BigContacts SocialPro, anytime you add or update a contact in your BigContacts account we instantly search more than 100 sources to automatically update social profile information and photos - using only their email address. With this new automated method of updating the Social Media information for your contacts we can help you quickly gain a better understanding of where your contacts hangout online, their interests, their influence and what theyâre saying.
Adding New Contacts
Whether youâre importing new contacts or adding a new individual contact into your BigContacts account, we will automatically begin to search the web for that contactâs social media presence to populate as many of the social networks that we can find. You simply add the contact(s) as you have always done and with the SocialPro module active in your account we handle the rest for you.
In some cases it can take a few minutes to get results back but you will begin to see the various social media badges populate within the contact record and if we find a photo online for this person you will also see this appear in their contact record.
Below is an example of an actual BigContacts contact record and the data that was found online using their email address. You can see that this person is very active with Social Media as they have a presence on a dozen different networks.
Updating Existing Contacts
Updating a single contact record. Let's say you're in a contact record and would like to refresh their record to check for Social Media updates. Simply click on the "Action Items" in their record (your one button to manage any aspect of this contact) and select the link labeled "Social Profile" and in a matter of a few minutes we will scan the entire web in search of anything new presence or updates in the Social sphere.
Update your entire contact list. Maybe itâs been a while and you want to do a quick scan of all your contacts to check for Social Media updates. That's OK as we have an option for that too! In the image below you will see that with two short steps you're on your way to grabbing all the latest information that we can find simply by using the email address for each of your contacts. You will click on the "Admin" tab and then and then choose the link labeled "Update Social Profiles for all Contacts."
Social Network Search Disclaimer
BigContacts utilizes a third-party service provider to search over 100 different social media networks to identify and display social media accounts that are related to a particular email address. The accuracy rates for these searches are over 90% and match/fill rates are usually above 60%. (Match rates refer to whether the search returns at least one social URL for a given email address. Fill rates are often dependent on the nature of the queries we are given. For example, a list of old or out-of-date email addresses would typically result in a lower fill-rate than a list of current, accurate email addresses.
Removing a Social Media Icon from a Contact Record
While the accuracy of these social network searches is quite high… there are still occasions where a search will produce either no results or could potentially produce false results where it feeds in a social network account that is actually not related to your contact. Again, 90% of the time we see accurate results but there is still 10% of time where you may have inaccurate results. Having said that, you can remove these erroneous results from the contact record by following the steps listed below:
- Click on the "Actions" but in the contact record and then select the option "Edit Contact".
- You will copy and paste the email address from the contact record in a Word document or notepad. After you have, where you have this stored on another document you will delete the email address by clicking on the trash icon and saving/updating the contact record.
- With this email address now removed from the contact record, you should see the social network icon has now been removed from this record. You can now click on the "Actions" button again and edit the contact and now add the email address back to the contact record. This time will want to make sure that you do not click the option to update their social profile but rather just enter the email address and save the record.
How to manually bookmark a Social Media network
For those rare occasions where the search produces no results or possibly inaccurate results you can always manually bookmark social networks that are related to this contact directly in the contact record. While this initial process is manual, you only need to do this one time you now have "one click" access to their social networks.
Add a social media profile bookmark / short cut by following the instructions below.
- Go to the contact record you'd like to add a social media link to
- Click on the orange "Action" button, then select "Edit Contact"
- You'll scroll down the contact form until you find a drop-down menu with the label of "Social Media"
- Here you will use the drop-down menu to select the social media account you'd like to add, then in the "Username" field enter the username.
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure to only enter the username and not the full URL.
- To add additional social media accounts, click on the plus sign
- After you review and are ready to save your changes click on the orange "Save Contact" button in the lower left corner.
- Once you have saved the appropriate information you can gain quick access to the contacts Social Media page simply by clicking on the Social Media icon you want to visit.