Creating an Email Signature
BigContacts allows you to create an email signature that will automatically be added to any email you send directly from inside the system by clicking on a contact's email address.
Creating your email signature
Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner and select "Update Profile" in the drop-down menu.
PLEASE NOTE: Admin users can click on the "Admin" tab on the left hand side of the screen to create an email signature for any user on your team. Then under the "Manage Users" section on the Admin screen you will select the "Add/ Edit Users" link and click the pencil icon to the left of the user's name you need to edit.
Adding an image to your email signature
With the BigContacts Email editor you can add an image to your email signature. You will be adding a hosted (online) image versus a raw image file such as a .jpg, .gif, or .png
- When you are in the Email text editor look for the "picture icon". This is located to the left of the "flash" icon (circle with an "f" in the middle)
- When you click the "Picture" icon you will see a space to insert a URL. This is where you can paste an "Image Location"
- NOTE: To ensure that your image can be viewed by most email programs you will not want to have any spaces in the file name/URL
Locating the URL for the image you wish to use:
- Google Chrome - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select "Copy Image URL"
- Mozilla Firefox - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select "Copy Image Location"
- Safari or Opera - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select Copy Image Address
- Internet Explorer - Go to an image on a website and right-click on the image, then select properties and this will open a window where you will copy and paste the "Address URL"
- Once you have the Image Location on your clipboard you can paste it into the "URL" field back in the BigContacts Email screen
- You can change the Width and Height of the image by changing the number in the "width" and "height" fields
- You can remove an image border by placing a value of "0" (zero) into the "Border" field
- When you are finished, click on the green "OK" button