Outlook Synchronization powered by Implicit Sync - Getting Started
Three requirements for using this Outlook synchronization plug-in
***Please carefully review the requirements for this Outlook synchronization. If you do not have one of these Outlook versions, Microsoft Office versions or operating systems this plug-in will not work in your environment.***
If you are upgrading from a previous version, make sure to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. To do so, launch Control Panel and go "Programs and Features" (Vista and Windows 7) or "Add/Remove Programs" (XP), select the Implicit Sync Outlook Add-In and click "Remove."
Supported Outlook versions
2007, 2010 (32 bit), 2010 (64 bit), 2013 (32 bit), 2013 (32 bit), 2016 (64 bit), 2016 (32 bit), Office 365 Installed/Desktop version of Outlook
Supported operating systems
Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit), Vista (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit), Windows 8 (64 bit), Windows 10
This Plug-in does not support Mac.
- Office 365 Web version of Outlook is not supported as Microsoft do not offer the option for any outside vendor to sync with their web edition of Outlook for Office 365
- It has been reported that the Implicit Outlook sync may not recognize Daylight Saving in Australia. If entering a meeting from 4:15 pm to 4.30 pm in Big Contacts, Outlook may read it as 5:15 pm to 5.30 pm.
Review and Save Sync Settings (In BigContacts)
You will need to follow the 5 steps to add Outlook synchronization for a user in your BigContacts account:
1) Click on the Gear Icon and Select "Add-ons"
2) Click on the "Outlook Sync" tab.
In the "Outlook Synchronization" section make your selections. There are three items you can Sync between BigContacts and Outlook, Contacts, Meetings, and Tasks. For each item, you will need to select whether you want this particular user to Sync "ALL" of the item or "ONLY" the items that are assigned to that particular user.
For instance, if you DO want other people's contacts, meetings, and tasks to show up in the user's Outlook program you select the radio button stating "ALL". If you only want the user's Outlook program to display their own Contacts, Meetings, and Tasks you would select the radio button stating "ONLY".
3) Once you have reviewed the settings for this user, scroll down and click on the "Save Changes" button.You are now ready to download the Sync Plug-in to the User's Computer
Next, You will download the Outlook Sync Plugin.
Also available here: https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/EGSfTaMzGx
- Close any MS Office applications before running the installer.
- The Outlook synchronization plugin supports the following WINDOWS Operating Systems: 2007, 2010 x32, 2010x64, 2013 x32, 2013x64.
Step # 2
Configure the Sync Plugin-in
Launch Outlook and you will be prompted to enter a license key.
License Key: WKZ6C-Y4NT4-C4FYR-EQGBS-C4CNY
On the following Welcome Dialog box, enter the user name and password you use to log into BigContacts. You also need to select the root folder where the synchronization will occur. If you are using Exchange and you'd like to synchronize the items in your Exchange mailbox, select the mailbox name. Otherwise, if you are using Outlook in a standalone mode, Outlook Personal Folders will be used.
After entering login information click on the "Configure Application" to continue.
Review and Save Sync Settings (In Outlook Sync Plug-in)
From your Outlook program you will click on the "Implicit Sync" button/icon to access the Options menu
Outlook 2007 - This is a view of where you will find the Implicit Sync Add-in
Outlook 2010 - This is a view of where you will find the Implicit Sync Add-in
When you enter the options menu you will want to use the options shown in the image below...starting at the section labeled " synchronize".
- In the "Synchronize" section of the image below you will see "Schedule an automatic synchronization every.." is NOT checked. We recommend you do not check this until you have read this entire Help Article in its entirety.
- Outlook fetches 20 contacts created/modified/deleted since the time of the last sync and pushes them to Outlook. This process takes around 16 seconds. This means if you have many contacts the initial sync may take awhile to complete. If you had 20,000 contacts it would take approximately 5 hours to sync all contacts the first time.
Congratulations! Your Plug-in has now been successfully configured and you are ready to start synchronizing your Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks between Outlook and BigContacts!