Quickbooks Online Integration - Overview
If you use QuickBooks Online, you can now synchronize & view key information about your QuickBooks Customers - right inside your BigContacts account!
A View of the BigContacts "Contact Dashboard"
This screenshot shows all the QuickBooks Online information that you have access to.
1. Item #1 below shows a "QB" icon. Clicking this icon will open a new tab and take you directly to this customer in your QuickBooks Online account.
2. Item #2 below shows a special section of data to provide a summary of payment terms, payment method, delivery method and more.
3. Item #3 below is the special folder that will display all transactions that have been created for this customer.
4. Item #4 below shows an icon you can click on to open a new tab & take you directly to QuickBooks Online to view the details of that transaction.
There are 2 key areas where we offer synchronization:
1) Customer Synchronization
You can keep the information that you track about Customers in your QuickBooks Online account synchronized with your BigContacts account. This will ensure that you only have to enter data once and know that it is always up-to-date in BOTH programs.
- Adding/ Updating info in QuickBooks Online - Information that you enter/update in your QuickBooks Online Customer records will update and display right inside their Contact record in BigContacts.
** The updates made in your QuickBooks Online account will take approximately 2 minutes before they are visible in your BigContacts account.
- Adding/ Updating info in BigContacts - Information that you enter/update in your BigContacts Contact records will update and display right inside their Contact record in BigContacts.
** The updates made in your BigContacts account are almost instantly visible in your QuickBooks Online account.
2) Transaction Synchronization
Every transaction that you create in QuickBooks Online for your Customers will appear in a special folder labeled " QuickBooks Transactions" in that Contacts' dashboard in BigContacts - giving you a detailed history of all Invoices, Payments, Estimates, Sales Receipts, Statements and more! If you look above at the image of the BigContacts Contact dashboard you will see Items #3 & 4. This screenshot shows where you view and how you can directly access all your QuickBooks Online transactions.
Below is a chart of all the fields we currently synchronize between the two programs.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING THIS INTEGRATION:
You will not begin to see your contacts synchronize/ update between the two programs until AFTER you have made a change to one of your contact records either in QuickBooks online or in your BigContacts account.
It is this updating of an existing record OR the addition of a NEW record that will prompt the initial synchronization. Then, going forward, any updates made to the contact record from either program will synchronize an update in the other program.
*** This applies BOTH to updating CUSTOMER INFORMATION as well as TRANSACTIONS that you enter into your QuickBooks Online program.
Login to your BIGContacts CRM account. Enter the valid credentials and click on the sign-in button.
Navigate to the Admin section and then click on the Add-ons & API.
Click on the 'Connect QuickBooks Account' button.
Enter the QuickBooks credentials and then click on the sign-in button to connect.
Enter the company name if this screen appears for you, if not then select the company from the dropdown menu. Click on the 'Connect' button now the QuickBooks is connected to sync the data.