Create a Custom Workflow with Tasks
Tasks are essential to keeping track of the things you need to do on a day-to-day basis. In this article, we will take you through step-by-step instructions to create personalized tasks tailored to your workflow.
Note: You must have Administrative permissions to create a custom task.
1. Add a new task
In your BIGContacts account,
- Navigate to the Admin section. Under “MANAGE MODULES,” click “Customize Tasks.”
- Go to Add Task.
2. Define Task Steps
- Enter the details for the step.
- Click the “Add” button to add more tasks to your workflow.
Use the " Service Standard" field to enter the nuimber of days you would like this task to be completed by (minimum days to enter is "1"). You can then use the " Task Manager" report located in the Reports Tab to see how your team is doing at completing tasks on time
3. Define the Task Workflow
Under “Assign task steps,” select the sequence option and click “Save Task” to complete the changes.
" In sequence" (next step will not show up on the next team member's task list until the previous team member has marked their step as complete OR " All at once" (All steps are applied to all users' task lists so each team member can complete their step anytime)
4. Assign a task to a contact
- In the side panel, navigate to Contacts.
- Click the “Actions” button corresponding to the user to whom you want to assign the task and select “Assign Task” from the drop-down menu.
5. Configure task details
- Select the Task from the dropdown.
- Set due date and task priority.
- Notify your team members about the task's progress by opting for the email notification.
- To finalize the action, click the "Assign Task" button.
You have successfully created a task with a custom workflow.